Product Review - Foot Bath Systems
GEA Farm Technologies (PediCuRx)
Give Her Professional Foot Care Treatment
PediCuRx® from GEA Farm Technologies is a complete foot care management system that fights hairy heel warts and improves foot health. This product line includes an impact-resistant foot bath with programmable dispensers and a full-line of specialized foot bath solutions that have proven effective.
When you use PediCuRx® TriFusion in your foot bath, you can cut copper sulfate usage by up to 50%, without losing protection against foot disease. Don’t expect an ‘ordinary’ foot bath to do the job. Talk to a GEA Farm Technologies dealer carrying the WestfaliaSurge product line for more information on the PediCuRx® foot care system.
• Part of a complete foot-care management system
• GEA offers a variety of products/services for your operation
• Animal-friendly milking philosophy
• GEA focus is on total livestock systems
• Designed on a sustainable basis
1880 Country Farm Dr.
Naperville, IL 60563
The Intra Bath offers substantial advantages for the environment by reducing product usage by 30%. Many producers, for instance, still use large quantities of copper sulfate in their baths, so it ends up on the fields again via the manure. This can be a major problem since many dairy farmers are already experiencing problems with copper concentrations in the soil. In a rising number of countries, law now bans the use of copper sulfate.
Intracare’s work to improve hoof-optimizing methods can be seen in the Intra Bath – a totally new foot bath design developed together with dairy farmers, hoof trimmers, and veterinarians. The Intra Bath is part of the total protocol of Hoof Sol products: the individual cow gets the full attention by an individual treatment with the Hoof Sol Gel and after that the Intra Bath program is started.
• More cows treated with less product = lower cost of purchase
• Easy to handle
• Easy assembly of three separate parts
• Less pollution - 60% of the manure falls through the middle grill and not into the bath
• More contact time - each cow makes an extra step in the bath
• Full support with lameness issues
P.O Box 111
210 McKechney Ave
Diamond City, AB T0K 0T0
Poly Foot bath from J&D Manufacturing
J&D Manufacturing’s 40-gallon poly foot bath features a contoured interior with deep segments, enabling hooves to open wide and allow treatment products to fully penetrate the hoof for faster healing. Place the foot bath in the return lane for twice-daily cleaning action to efficiently reduce the build-up of manure between cleats. Fill the foot bath with disinfectant solution to help prevent foot rot and heal erosion. The smaller capacity 10-gallon foot bath is perfect for workers to clean shoes and boots to help reduce the spread of bacteria and keep manure in the barn.
• Available in 10 gallon and 40 gallon
• Never rusts, rots or corrodes
• Thick-walled one-piece construction
• Seamless and leak proof
• Self supporting frame – no wood needed
• Withstands extreme temperature
6200 Hwy 12
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Polydome Foot Bath
The PolyDome Foot Bath helps prevent hoof-rot, heel erosion, and reduce lameness. This foot bath provides a quick and easy way to clean and disinfect your herd’s feet. The washing action of the disinfectant removes damaging material from hooves and helps to prevent buildup of dirt and manure in the space between cleats where harmful bacteria can reside. The self-supporting stylehas a contoured interior with extra deep segments that enables the hooves to open wide, facilitating the penetration of treatment products. Locate the PolyDome Foot Bath where cows exit the parlor or barn on a firm, dry surface.
• Polyethylene will never rot or rust
• Thick-walled, one piece construction
• Nonskid bottom
• Two sizes available in self-supporting design –no need for wood framing
• Available in 4 sizes to be supported by wood frames (not included)
62824 250th Street
Litchfield, MN 55355